Are you struggling to find the right tires for your car within your budget? You are not alone! Purchasing new tires can be a significant investment, and prices can range from expensive to downright outrageous! However, compromising on safety is never an option. While purchasing used or retreaded tires may seem like a cost-effective solution, at Haus of Cars, we strongly recommend investing in new tires for your safety.
In this blog, we’ll cover everything you need to know about buying new tires and used tires for your vehicle.
New Tires vs. Used Tires: The Trade-Off Between Price And Quality
When it comes to buying tires, there are some important differences between new and used ones that you should know.
- Pricey, but worth it: Yes, new tires may cost more, but don’t let that scare you away. Think of it as a long-term investment that may save you money in the end. New tires may be expensive, but they are worth the investment. They are designed to meet the latest safety standards and provide better handling, traction, and overall performance. Moreover, unlike used tires, new tires come with a warranty that gives you peace of mind in case of any unexpected issues.
- Always try to buy the best you can afford: We review the best brands and models closely and recommend always buying the best you can afford. Price does not always correlate to quality, so always do your homework for online reviews and user opinions. If you have questions, ask your local experts for advice.
- Built to last: New tires have a longer lifespan than used ones, so you won’t have to worry about replacing them as often. They are made with advanced technology and high-quality materials that provide superior performance and longevity.
- Safety First: Safety should always be the highest priority. With new tires, you can rest assured that you are driving on a reliable product. New tires have a better tread depth, which helps prevent hydroplaning and improves traction on wet and slippery roads. Moreover, tire compounds will age and expire over time, reducing their effectiveness in their ideal-designed climates. If you must buy used tires, please confirm the manufacturer’s date. Remember, tires should be swapped every ten years, at the very most, regardless of tread life and condition.
Old Tires & Retreaded Tires – Better Than New?
While used and retreaded tires may seem like a steal, they can have severe downsides if you are not careful. Used tires could hide sneaky defects and damages that put your safety at risk. Plus, you never know how they were treated or stored in the past, which could lead to premature wear and other safety concerns.
And take caution when considering retreaded tires, as they are not a flawless solution either. Sure, they patch up worn treads with fresh rubber, but this can compromise their quality and safety. They might not last as long as new tires and can be more prone to punctures and blowouts. At the time of this writing, if you cannot afford to buy premium used tires, we recommend choosing a quality used tire from a reputable supplier before choosing retreaded tires. We understand that the choice of tires is an evolving question, and retreads have come a long way, so please do your homework. The tires you choose are the only point of contact with your car and the road.
In both cases, opting for used or retreaded tires can come at a cost not measured in dollars. We can only count on the reliability and safety of new tires for our loved ones and clients.
So, when it’s time to choose between new and used tires, consider your budget, driving needs, and the condition of your current set. Investing in new tires is always the way to go if you want to guarantee maximum safety and performance. For this reason, we are only offering new tires at this time.
If your budget is limited and used tires are your only option, in and around Burnaby, BC, you can find very reputable pre-owned tires at various local vendors we are happy to recommend at the bottom of the article.
If you’re in the market to buy tires – here’s all that you need to know
Top Tire Brands
Considering tire purchases, you must check out the finest tire manufacturers while investing. As stated by Car Talk, in 2023, these emerged as the top ten companies within this industry. It includes:
Every one of these well-known names brings a variety of tire types to the table. Also, within the brands, tire quality can vary greatly. Doing some groundwork can help find which aligns best with your motoring needs.
Key Factors to Consider When Buying Tires
Selecting tires involves a variety of aspects to contemplate. Here are some crucial points:
- Tread depth: The tire’s surface layer that makes contact with the road is called tread depth. It pays to opt for tires with enough tread depth, guaranteeing optimal grip and maneuverability.
- Driving conditions on roads: Think about what types of surfaces you’ll be travelling. If your region experiences heavy rain or snowfall, choosing tires that offer excellent wet or snowy traction may be beneficial. Investing in good winter tires is best if you live around Burnaby, BC.
- Size of the tire: Selecting appropriate-sized tires specific to your vehicle also holds importance. This detail can be found in the owner’s handbook or on the installed tire sides of your current tire (if installed by the manufacturer).
- Car type specifics: Different kinds are best suited for various car models. For instance, sports cars could need high-performing wheels. On the other hand, SUVs perform best on all-terrain ones. Consider your use case carefully.
Tips for getting the best value on your tire purchase
Don’t settle for any old tire deal. Compare, shop around, and discover the absolute best prices and discounts in town. Trust us, it’s worth the effort.
At Haus of Cars, we’re your go-to experts for all auto repairs. Tire problems? No sweat. We have you covered with tire rotation, mounting and balancing, replacement, installation, and repair services. Our team of pros knows their stuff and is ready to help you with any tire-related issues you may have.
Overall, we ensure a secure and comfortable driving experience by taking the time to research and select the best tires for your driving needs and budget.
Get in touch with us today for all your tire needs. Call us at 604 549-4949 for any questions!
Local tire vendors that carry used tires that we are happy to recommend:
- Edmonds Tire Depot (Burnaby)
- Miami Tire Centre (Burnaby)
- Payless Tire (Coquitlam)
- Country Tire (Surrey and Langley)